I had to dig about a bit for this week's Illustration Friday prompt. Traditional myths were never my favourite thing to read when I was a kid (I liked science fiction and stories about girl ballet dancers), plus we were always forced to read them at school.
This, however, is a modern myth, created by the eight year old who lives in this house. From the many comments he has made over the years, I realise that he has created his own mythical legend; that of the perfect mother he will never have. This mother:
- Owns a pair of psychic X-ray goggles for locating underpants, socks, Lego men and TV remotes.
- Never raises her voice above a loving musical whisper.
- Believes that boys should rest on the sofa to conserve their energy, while being served delicious and nutritious white bread, tomato sauce and lollies.
- Possesses a bountiful money tree and is generous about sharing it.
- Agrees that all eight year old boys should possess an iPhone.